Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mugginess is not an Option.

The feeling of mugginess of today's run can only be described as running in total fog without the cloudiness. Can't breath, sweet like crazy and heart rates tries to reach new levels you never imagined. My run today was dependent on how I was feeling, which was better than yesterday but I just could not resist taking off today during my drop back week of running.
I know maybe I should have but hey what can you do.
Being as I had to replace the battery for my HR watch the zones have been lost so I decided to do the Zone Finder test. It's basically run "easy" for 5 mins, "medium" for 5 mins, "hard" 3 mins. So at the end of my 13 mins I checked my watch and the freakn` thing said "redo test!"
You got to be kidding my I thought. There was no way I was running it again so I just brought my HR back down a little and continued running. Problem was HR was not coming down or shooting back up as soon as I started running so I thought well heck with it then, it's Tempo time. I kept running fairly good and finished 5k in 34 mins. Totally soaked as well.
Felt really good after the run. Lungs were opened up and my body just felt better. As the day has progressed I have continued to feel better even with a little stuffiness and congestion although I have been taking some day quil. Tonight, will be swim class and hopefully that will feel good too.
Come on cooler weather.....
rockon`

3 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Ah...when good gadgets go bad...

Tri-Dummy said...

No better way to break some loogies loose than a good run!

Sarah said...

I ran on Tuesday and thought the air would smother me! Thank goodness it's cooler today.