Monday, January 29, 2007

It's off and running..

Well it's only the first day of the official 16 weeks of Olympic training but I got out of bed at 5am and went to the gym to get my scheduled 500 yard swim in and then I hit the stationary bike for 10 mins or 23 mins, keeping rmp around 90. I really wanted to get the bike in this afternoon but schedule changes on the home front caused me to wrap it up this am.
Hey, I was proud that I got my lazy ass up outta the nice warm bed and headed out to the gym while it was 38*. Ol' splashy guy was there, wrote about him a few months back, but he was there still at it. During my swim I realized that my form is all over the place and I need to bring my kick board and pull buoy to work on those things on top of my required workout distance so I have some work to do. Tomorrow, I will get to swim workout #2 for the week and again because of family schedule changes I will have to get my run done in the am, from which I had planned on it being the after work. It's like the anti-training gods are already trying to push me away!
The weekend was spent in the chiropractic seminar sat/sun and although it was better than last year it was still long and boring. The best thing is seeing other chiros you haven't seen in a long time and finding out what they have been up to, where they are and any ideas they can help you with. Other than that, I was just at home for some relaxing and yesterday even got to watch Harry Potter and the Scorers Stone.
Have a great week, great training, great relaxing or what ever makes you happy...
rockon`

4 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Good job dragging yourself out of bed today! I have a huge problem with that on Mondays...just can't seem to ever get quality enough sleep on Sunday night, so Monday's are always blown.

Sigh.

But, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my splashing around time at the Y pool and I always seem to enjoy it once I get there!

shelek said...

Just keep at it in the pool and your form will get better-- it does improve as you put the hours in on your swimming! Also, if it fits in your schedule you should try to hook up with an HRTC swim session where a coach can give you some pointers.

Keep up the good work! I'm thinking of doing CapTex too, so maybe we'll see each other. :)

momo said...

here's to the start of your 20 weeks - the first couple of days are the hardest, but you're already one day down. good job!

Dances with Corgis said...

Isn't that first 5am so satisfying? :) And hahaha to "ol' splashy," I think I have one of those in my pool, too!