Thursday, February 22, 2007

Time is flying..wait I gotta catch up!

What up Peeps! Just stopping in quickly to update some things.
First the book recap. The One Minute Millionaire. OK, so you don't become a Millionaire in one minute but it's the start of the minute that gets you there. The book is really 2 parts; the left side of the pages are the technical info/steps to impliment and follow to get you to a million and the right side pages are a story about a lady who earns a million dollars cash in 90 days to get her children back from her decesides husbands parents. The story incorporates the technical steps along the way although they are not matched page for page so if you read the story first, like me, you remember parts of the story that relate to the steps.
Overall, it's a good book for financial help and has many things we all can use. If your into these types of books, it's a good read. I won't give the story away but if you want to know, email and I will update you.
Second, my new book: Between a Rock and A Hard Place by Aron Ralston.
It's about a young guy who is a big out door/rock climber who get's stuck in a cavern by a Big rock that fell on his right arm and is pinned there.
I am currently reading this and so far Mr. Ralston is trapped and has been trying to chip away the boulder but is having no luck. Can't wait to finish it.
Third, Training! Awe the best thing we do! Well today, I will be taking a short pause and concentrating on a lot of the reading I have to do for upcoming Round 3 on Tuesday! But I can say dang, my shoulders/traps are sore from lifting weights/swimming/biking 20 miles yesterday, not sure which one so I'll blame all 3.
Fourth, the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo is in town starting tonight with the Barbque Cook Off which runs through the weekend and which my wife and I are finally getting to go to with some great friends Randy and Marina! And will give me a short break from studying on Saturday afternoon!
*** And last but not least, I want to Thank You all for cheering me on, supporting me in my job situation and sending out those good vibes! You all really help and I really appreciate it!!!!! ****
rockon`

7 comments:

Bigun said...

blame the weights!

UltraMamaC said...

is that the guy who had to cut off his own arm? sounds intriguing -- I'll wait on the review, but I'll definitely be picking up the other one to read on the plane!

Deb said...

Love the reads and the BBQ sounds like a great (much needed) fun time! Belly up!

Allez said...

Those books sound good... I'll have to check them out!

Steph said...

Hey! Thanks for comment :) Its now 1yr and 4 days single! woo Hmm a financial book I might look into that, I could use the help! Im trying to figure out what I want to do in life.. I need more money! :) My muscles are pretty sore too, started changing up the routine.. ouch could barely walk yesterday! Have fun at the bbq, sounds like a good time!

~Steph

teacherwoman said...

Both those book sound great. I remember watching the story about Aron Ralston in Dateline (or something like that). Very interesting. Sounds like your workout wednesday was very invigorating!? Good luck with the interviewing....I will be hopefully doing some of that soon, as soon as I decide where I want to apply for teaching jobs...on the southeast coast!

Happy Weekend!

The Stretch Doc said...

Yes, the Aron Ralston book is about the climber who has to cut off his own arm! So far it's an amazing book! I'm almost to the "part", yikes!

Inbetween studying and at night I read his story.

Have a great weekend!! I can't wait till Tuesday, I'm tired of reading/studying and it's messing up my sleep/training, the important things in life :)