Monday, March 26, 2007

Drum Role Please... Hoop Der It Is!!!

For those that have been following along with JohnnyTri the last week we all know there was something super big happening in the house hold. And after a story post on the Chevelle Story (see below) and totally awesome comments left from my blogger pals, I was so inspired and fired up that I hatched a plan and 1306 miles in 28 hours later I got the Chevelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really want to Thank You all for commenting because It just really fired me up and I knew I had to do something to get it. So after talking with the wife and showing her all of your responses we came up with the plan and made it happen. A super huge Thank You to my brother in-law, Gerado, for his help in using his truck, driving, time, and hooking it up there with me in such a short notice and time frame.
Being as Gerado had never been to the JFK Memorial in the Big D, I specifically stopped there on the way up and we took about an hour to walk around and take pictures, we both enjoyed, as I have seen it before but it is a fabulous place to see in U.S. History and Gerado really enjoyed it. His opinion, there was more than one shooter!
So see below for the pictures of the Chevelle as I will try to detail them.
The Storage Unit #6 where it has been sitting for 11 years!
And me cutting the lock as who knows where the key was!

OK, I have to admit, I was nervous not knowing if it was actually still there after all this time.

Touch Down! It's Here!!!

Oh, How Sorry I am for leaving for so long!!

Let's Go Home!

A celebration reunion with a beer.

And a nice bath before me go so you're nice and clean b/c you so deserve it.

Nice and Clean!

And Thumbs up Lamar, Mo. population 4,425 for taking care of my baby!

The ride back to H-town.

And the new home, right in my back yard. Gerado, laughing at the side.

So there you have it. Once we got it off the trailer we took the hood off to verify the motor, body, and axle numbers.

My Chevelle is a true 1970 Chevelle Super Sport SS396 (402ci) (aka. L34, 396ci/350hp) Turbo-400 Automatic transmission with a 3.31 positraction rear end. It was assembled in Arlington, TX. (hey, it is a Texas Car) #251,241 off the line. A true black on black vinyle bucket seats with a Maroon Metallic with White Racing Stripes.

The rims are not factory but I have the factory set in the trunk! I even have the original 1970's owner's manual. I still have some checking to do on the options that came with the car. I do know that this car was ordered with the SS Cowl Hood, not the cowl induction, not sure why, but it is noted that to order the SS Cowl Hood w/o the induction cost more! Interesting.

Again, Thank you Gerado, wife - Rebecca, and daughter Brittany for my mad-facto-cleaning of the garage and short time away.

Also Thank You DAD for purchasing this car back in 1982, we figured, which became mine in 1987 when I turned 16. That makes the car in the family 25 years! I Love You Dad!! For all your help!

rockon` more to come .. but gotta go see my daughter play softball!

11 comments:

momo said...

johnnyt - way too cool!! i think it is so awesome that you went and picked her up. ya know - things happen for a reason, and you had time right now, and you made it happen. take good care and enjoy her!

Dances with Corgis said...

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see what you do to it! Freaking psyched for you... oh and you have the biggest ear to ear grin ever in the picture which is very cool :)

Born To Endure said...

WOW..beautiful..and you look so darned happy..priceless!!

Molly said...

May your hands stay dirty...
Have Fun!

Faithful Soles said...

Awesome ride Johnny! Thanks for the post on my blog. By the way, I'm also in the Houston area. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database with bloggers from all over the world and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Always great to have another Texan on it (by the way, Momo and Shelley who commented above me are both linked to it). Keep up the awesome tri training.

Bigun said...

that's awesome - that will keep ya busy on your off training days for sure! Now you can get a new bike with the montly payment towards the storage unit!

Di said...

WoooHOOOO!! Glad you finally "brought her home"!!

Deb said...

THAT is the best story!!!!!! I LOVE IT! Congrads to you and you're 'baby' on the safe arrival home. Have fun!

Dances with Corgis said...

By the way, I *finally* updated my sidebar and linked to you :)

Allez said...

Cool car!

Steven said...

"...reunited and it feels so good...reunited cuz you understood..."

Very cool. Keep it rolling and keep it clean. Also, don't let the triathlete side of you slap aerobars or bottle cages anywhere on that car!