Sunday, January 27, 2008

Train, Movie, #'s, bonk....

The week has been a pretty good week for training. Got some good swims, runs and some biking in. And the best thing is that JT, has had no serious problems with the knees, or hips or anything so all is well. Work has been busy this week finding me either training, working or sleeping. Who got to go see the "Spirit of the Marathon" on Thursday? Wow! Is all I can say and if you missed it you have to go see it now in Feb. Check the web site for the next showing. You will be totally blow away and inspired and might even find yourself wanting to run Chicago!! HA!

Friday morning I was totally jazzed as I received in my email box race #8103 !!! And after seeing the movie I was even more pumped about this race. It's five weeks out so I have a couple of more long runs and then taper time, it's gonna be GREAT!

Saturday was a big run of 19. Damn it's a long ass ways and all things started well. My pace for the first 9 miles was dead on at 10:20 which is what I was shooting for but the turn around was a completely different story. Now the grade does turn up on the way back and there's lots of climbing so maybe that is why the out felt good. As soon as I started back my HR was a little high so I slowed down and even walked some just to keep it down. By mile 14 I was really feeling tired, legs were feeling good just didn't have any gas to run them. Holy crap, I bonkd`! So I started doing inventory on gels, fluids and trying to determine what happened. I was on track with all my gels/fluids so I came to the conclusion that it was pre-run breakfast and not enough calories. And once your bonkd` it seems almost impossible to come back. By this time, my HR was totally too high and although I could run I did not want it that high so it became of run of walk to the next side road marker and then run the next two and this is how I finished my run. I have to include a couple of run pic's as this area, Red Rock Canyon is just beautiful to run and it's amazing how in just a few miles I can be in the Pyrenees!

Afterwards I started refueling asap and even got some solid food going and by 3 hours post run I was feeling much better. Yea, my leg's were achy sore but overall I was feeling better. According to Garmin calorie counter and me weighing in at 200 I burned 2875 calories. That's a bunch. Not sure how accurate that is but no matter what it's a bunch.

Today, Sunday, now is a crappy rainy day and will most likely find myself on the bike trainer for a long time, uggghhh!

And if you haven't heard Bigun and Taconite Boy's pod cast hop on over to there blogs, download and listen up.

rockon`

50 miles on the bike trainer!! Damn! that's a long time to be in one place but I got it done!

10 comments:

Taconite Boy said...

Thanks For the Plug!

S. Baboo said...

Spirit of the Marathon was an excellent movie. To bed the Triathlon movie,What it Takes, was such crap :-(

Bigun said...

now you are starting to get some training done! Awesome! it's about time.....

Allez said...

50 on the trainer! Yuck! 1 hr is my limit!!!

Formulaic said...

At least you got it done. That's a nice deposit into the Bank!

Looking forward to the LA!

momo said...

you live in las vegas, why are you on the trainer????? :-)

way to get those runs done, jt!

Anonymous said...

weather totally sukd yesterday.. rain, cold and 20+mph winds.

rockon`

Gail said...

I can't keep up with you! Gettin' all fit while I get fat. haha! We're having a girl! Anyway, next time you "sneak" into H-town you better learn to pick up the phone!

Ryan said...

Nice job with training, keep it up. The picture you posted with the mountains in the background looks like a "drop screen" picture from universal studios.

Tea said...

You are so right! Once you bonk, you just can't recover.

Nice job on the trainer!