Thursday, October 09, 2008

Risk

Nine days into October and I am barley posting. Where does the time go? Next thing you know it will be Cozumel time and I will be wondering how the day will turn out.

Life in the mean time doesn't slow down or stand still, esp. in a city like LA. Life on my end is always changing and lately just doesn't seem to want to fit in a comfortable pattern which leads me to hit and miss workouts and crappy eating. This week I have taken a stand against the crappy eating and cutting back on the drinking. It has to start somewhere and that's the best place to do it.

With changes means uncomfortable and uncertainty. Job, and training all play a part in this little circle and the worst thing about this is trying not to stress over things you don't have control over. You can feel useless and used or you can do your best and take a stand, either way the outcome is uncertain but life is made every day with risks and without those where do we go.

Lately, I have taken a lot of risk and not sure if it's been the best decisions but only time will tell and either way, good or bad, happy or sad, if I would have never taken the risk, I would be wondering what if...

rockon`

7 comments:

JT said...

Cozumel will be fun :-)

CoachLiz said...

Take a stand! Make things happen! Bust out of mediocrity! Carpe Diem!!!

Stef0115 said...

I get what you're saying about taking risks. Sometimes I'm too afraid to but then when I do am so glad I did. Hope you find your way -- the BEST way for you.

Plenty of time to prep for Cozumel. Still though, get training! Eat clean! :-)

Formulaic said...

There's a lot of inspiration here.

Better risk than what if. That's a great belief.

Go kick ass. In training and in life. Don't get held back, go for it. Make the most of this life.

Tracy said...

Hand in there bud. One thing at a time - if you can tackle just one thing and get it in check, maybe that's the diet OR the training OR the getting to bed at a decent hour OR the cutting back on drinking, it'll make a huge difference and give you a boost up. From there you can tackle one more thing, then one more, and pretty soon you'll hit your stride. You don't have to do everything all at once my friend, take a deep breath :)

Tracy said...

Oops, I meant 'hang' in there of course :)

Kelly said...

We miss you BTW, hang in there and I agree with everyone else... it's always better to take a risk versus the wondering "what if".