Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Its coming along..

That's right.. something is.. I'm just not sure what. Well kind of not sure. Over the last week I seem to have lost my Swim Mojo and I do recall I had this problem last year in training for CdA. When did it come back, I am not too sure but I do know that even if I don't find it I better continue on and get in the freakn' pool because HELLO!! as we all know.. the Swim leg is the 1st part of the tri. Okay, Okay, I know!! I really do!!

On the other aspect.. Biking and running seem to moving along very nicely. This weekend was a 78 mile ride with none other than fabulous newly Ironman Formulaic. The ride went good overall, very strong head wind on the way back in which was about 25 miles of totally aero position riding at a mere 11-13 mph!! Ughh!! But although it was annoying to be going that slow, my heart rate, cadence and I were all working properly and I felt good.

Monday, I headed out for a 18 mile run which was actually nice b/c the weather was just a bit cooler and although my legs were tired I was able to have a good run again keeping the pace steady at a 4 minute run, 1 minute walk pattern. I did wait to refuel overall with water and Gatorade but that is only b/c I was not close to any stores and by mile 13 I was starting to conserve water in my camelbak and by the time I hit mile 15 I knew I was behind. So it's only an adjustment that needs to be done there as not to go that far/long without having plenty of stock. I was definitely tired in the afternoon and legs were telling me so. Even yesterday during the core/weights workout I could still feel the tiredness in my legs.

Today, I am feeling much better and ready for a shorter run. If anything I am tired due to a little bit of no sleep b/c it was Forms birthday and we had a few beers and after I stayed hanging out with a great gal and enjoyed the time, much later than I should have but ya know, what can say.

Since the Ultra I have managed to put back on a couple of extra pounds and well, I'm not liking it, so I am making sure to get my runs in (and Liz.. gotta be running those 20's) to thin me back out.. hahaha. I guess drinking less beer would help too. HA! Overall I like how my training is coming along for CZ and even though the swim is behind I know I will be able to complete it faster than I did CdA. I am also in the process of getting a new bike seat b/c mine has been causing me all kinds of problems and it's just time to change it.

I will also be looking to head down to Tempe the last week in October to take on Soma 70.3! It will be a good prep event and heading into taper I am looking forward to it.

rockon'

No comments: