Saturday, June 05, 2010

Leg and Cap Tx recap..

Here I go again STILL complaining about my leg so bear with me..

It just doesn’t seem like there is no end but it’s gotta get better, right? I am still dealing with my leg issues/fuckin’ problem nowadays!! And it’s really putting a depressing mode on things in terms of my running and training. I literally cannot run more than 2 miles without this thing kicking in and shutting me down from running. I can walk, stair climb, elliptical, jump, and just about anything else that doesn’t involve running!!

After a few sessions of ART it is a little a better but that is not going to cut it. I will continue with the ART but after talking my case over with my great buddies from Houston at Spine and Sports Therapy, where I have learn all my sports care, they have pointed out a couple of over looked issues!! I will immediately get on correcting those, one, includes changing my shoes from Motion control to Neutral which is a radical change but based on the give conditions and mechanics of my problem I will totally do it.

What does this mean in terms of my upcoming races? Good freakn’ question!!! I really don’t know. I mean I cannot run more than 2 miles, which means I still need to rest this thing and with my next even, SilverRush 50 on schedule for July 18th, leaves 6 weeks from tomorrow, the fat lady has started to sing in my opinion. Also the week of this event is my dedicated Crewing job for Susannah for Badwater and I really want this to be good to help pace for a few miles. Now with regards to Rio Del Lago 100, there is 14 weeks left and once again I am just hearing the intro music to this one which is really bumming me out!!!! I mean I would be okay missing the 50 miler but once I finally mentally decided to push for the 100 and now this crap happens and I may have to mentally accept it just may not happen at this time.

Sooooooo, in JT fashion, if you can’t get it done then, when?!!! Hahaha! I have been eyeing a couple of other 100’s simply because I really wanted to knock out a 100 this year, so RDL may be out but that doesn’t mean the 100 is out!! Stay tuned…

I will be eyeing Ironman Wisconsin now in September when it opens up for a shot at 2011..!! What’s that? JT’s coming back to the triathlon side!! Haha.. After taking a short break after IMCZ and coaching this year for TNT I have to admit I developed FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) when I wasn’t participating in the races!! I have always wanted to do IMMoo so along with some other things next year I will am looking ahead to put 2011 schedule together. Is anyone else thinking that far ahead?

I just got back from the Capital of Texas Olympic Triathlon with my TNT Vegas team and they all did freakn awesome!! For 3 of them this was their first Olympic distance and for our veteran this was like her 35 overall triathlon. As I said they all did awesome, with our fastest gal in the 30-34 age group knocking out 9th out of 84 and 81st out of 1364 Olympic finishers!! Our Veteran taking 1st in her age group of 60-64, okay, okay, she was the only won but she still took it home!! Then we had a gal who quickly learned how dealing with 3 flats (Stef can relate!! ) right out of T1 can rattle your day quickly but staying focused, listening to Coach Liz who was able to talk her through things and get her back out on the course, proves she is an excellent triathlete!! And last but certainly not least was our gal who started the season so worried about swimming 1500 meters and all season long improved her speed and endurance and was still skeptical about swimming the distance showed Coach Brendan and I how she rocked the 1500 meter swim and finished faster than we projected!! She totally conquered that swim making a huge confidence in her abilities and taking on the bike and run to finish up her 1st Olympic distance!! At the end of the 92*, 58% day, it really makes me feel good that all the time and weeks of emails and schedules come together and besides the 4 people raising over $20,000 for Leukemia and Lymphoma they accomplished goals they never thought possible on Day 1 when we started! I am so proud of them and to be able to help and that is just a small part of why I am proud to be a Coach for Team in Training – Las Vegas!!!

My TNT season has ended for now and will be off for the rest of the year and I cannot wait to take on next season when I will be coaching marathon/half marathon groups that will look to take on the 2011 Vancouver and Alaska Marathons!!! So you all should sign up!!

Rockon’

1 comment:

Josh said...

congrats on all the coaching success in Texas! It sounds like you have the right attitude about the 100 - you still have plenty of time before you have to decide on RDL. Missing it would be a bummer, but there are plenty of other oppy's for a 100 miler this year and you'll get one of them for sure!